A man bit an iPhone battery in China-and it exploded

A man bit an iPhone battery in China-and it exploded

A man bit an iPhone battery in China-and it exploded

There has been an influx of iPhone customers wanting to replace their batteries after Apple announced that it was throttling iPhone performance and lowering the price of its battery replacement to $29 for 2018.

Security camera footage captured January 19 at a store in Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province, shows the unidentified man biting into the iPhone battery, presumedly to check its authenticity.

Intel's Latest On Spectre Fix Reboot Issue: Updated Fix Being Tested
The announcement of the alternative update doesn't inspire confidence that this reboot issue will be fixed shortly. In fact, an early version of the updated solution has begun rolling out to industry partners initially.

Zimbabwe politician Roy Bennett, wife die in United States helicopter crash
Burnett bought it in February 2017, said Sam Middleton, a real estate broker in Lubbock, Texas, who helped with the purchase. He also headed the Notsew Orm Sands Foundation, funding a wide variety of causes, including medical research and education.

UFC 220: Stipe Miocic sets heavyweight title defense record with dominant win
Seeing they have a potential star in the making, the UFC made a No. 1 contender's fight between Ngannou and Overeem at UFC 218. But Cormier pinned Oezdemir against the canvas early in the second and finished him off with a series of punches to the face.

As per the news reported in Taiwan News, the man visited one of the Chinese stores and began to look closely and to check if it is original, chose to bite down triggering the explosion. Within seconds, the battery, which was only inches away from his and other onlookers' faces, explodes as the group recoils due to the blinding flash of the blast. It was reported that none of them were hurted. So if there was ever a lesson to be learnt here, it would be not to bite on lithium-ion batteries (or any batteries for that matter) lest it explodes in your mouth. In a somewhat predictable turn of events, the battery exploded into a ball of flames. The security camera placed in the store shows the footage of the whole incident for you. Amazingly, no one was hurt in this incident.

The key takeaway: don't mess around with your smartphone's battery. The battery ruptured and caused a small explosion.

Related news